Saturday, January 19, 2019

Incorrect Password! Please check your password and try again


                   Most of you who read this post must have come across this message at least a dozen of times while you are trying to log into a Wi-Fi network.  Surely, , remembering passwords for all the Wi-Fi networks that we log in daily is not an easy task.  Besides, using one password for everything also involves some risk because, if you lost it you lost them all.
                   One day while I was talking with one of my best friends I came to know that, Android has introduced a solution for this issue in their latest update.  Now you can ask your smart phone or tablet PC to remember all the Wi-Fi passwords for you!.  What you have to do is just authorise yourself either through a finger print recognition or a face recognition.  If your smart device is allowed to remember your Wi-Fi passwords, it will show you a list of passwords and user names along with the respective Wi-Fi networks that you previously logged in. 
Isn’t that cool?
                   The whole point of this post is not just to mention another breakthrough in the technology.  True enough, I am a firm believer of the miracles the technology has done and the power of it to change human destinies.  I owe a great deal to the technical devices that I use for making my dreams come true.  But dear friends, the world is increasingly getting technology dependent.
How many of you can tell me your loved one’s phone number from the top of your head?
                    Most of you would answer me that there is no real necessity to do that since we have the contact list of the mobile phone, which can literally save up to thousands of numbers.  And that is exactly the point I want to make.  We do not see the real necessity to remember the birthdays of our loved ones because Facebook reminds us them.  For me, the things like remembering a loved one’s birthday are the small things that can make a big difference.  What do you think?
                   That is why I tell you that we are increasingly becoming technology dependent.  Now ‘”ask Google” has become the motto of our lives, Hasn’t it?  On the other hand, have you ever imagined a world where we do not have these little Gadgets to see us through in our daily troubles?  We are so engrossed in seeing the world in the light of the technology, so we do not see the necessity to observe it in a different worldview.  Technology becomes a compulsory feature of our daily reality.  Therefore, we do not feel the necessity to move out of our comfort zone.
                   My point here is not to see technology as the monster of the century.  Rather, what I am stressing is the necessity to not let technology overtakes us.  Otherwise, there will not be much of a difference between humans and the Robots, coming with Artificial Intelligence(AI).
                   I am aware that this is a broad topic about which you may have different opinions.  I warmly welcome comments and would like to see what you think about this topic.  By the way, give a shot to this feature of Android if you happened to have some leisure hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment